Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're in Wawa, July 23.

White River to Wawa - 90 km

I was the last to get up this morning, and I awoke to Aussie Rob telling everyone else about a Bear he had seen just on the other side of the parking lot. I was pretty sure he was joking so I just tried to get five more minutes of sleep before I emerged from my tent of supreme comfort (which it totally is not.) It turns out Rob was not joking and there really was a Black Bear rummaging through a dumpster. It seemed to be having a pretty good time so I went to grab my camera. However, the OPP showed up along with some other people and promptly killed the Bear. I could not believe it, the second bear that I have seen on this trip and it also died...literally within minutes of me seeing it. This is crazy!

I did snap a pretty intense picture, not sure if I should really have it on here so I just will not take any chances. The ride today was pretty hot, and I am starting to feel the humidity. We all started noticing it when we got close to Kenora but it is becoming more intense.

No comments: