Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The original home of Winnie The Pooh! July 22.

Marathon to White River - 97.5 km



I was so excited to come to White River, but it really was not what I expected. There is supposed to be a Winnie museum here but it is really small and I do not think the guys wanted to spend another potential $18 to just walk around a small shop and see some Winnie stuff.
So we opte
d to just camp in the Tourist Centre parking lot and have some dinner at the Robin's Doughnuts. I also experienced a Husky truck stop shower for the first time. That was interesting, you pay $5 and you can spend as much time in there as you want. It is also so much cleaner then most of the campgrounds we have stayed in. I would definitely recommend it.

We ran into Aussie Rob (another cyclist that is doing the trip unassisted) at the tourist centre. It is funny how we keep meeting up, I think we both took a rest day in Thunder Bay so we ended up staying on a pretty similar schedule. Apparently Roger's cell phones have no service all throughout this area, I however have a Bell phone and its great! But for some reason it refuses to change the time, so I'm still on Calgary time.

I am a little worried about our stuff, because we are not really in a campground. But hopefully no one bothers us too much.


No comments: