Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I totally fell off my bike, July 27.

Sault Ste Marie to Spragge - 128 km

So yes, I turned into the driveway of the Spragge KOA and for some reason my bike wobbled and I could not get my feet out in time...and I fell. The good thing is I am pretty sure only Brett and Allan witnessed this umm.. incident. What I think must have happened was that I rode off the pavement a little and squished my tire, causing a "pinch flat" to occur (flat tire) so then when I swerved to return my bike to the pavement. My front tire was unstable causing me to lose control and crash. I also did not have my hands on the handlebars which added to the precariousness of my situation.

This makes two falls for me on this trip, and also the only one. I think I am just a huge clutz! Oh and it is such a coincidence that just this morning I wrote about how I had not had a flat tire in awhile. Good grief! Murphy's Law strikes again! Well I suppose I knew it was going to happen, I had been thinking I was do for a flat or a couple.

No comments: