Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A half rest day, July 16.

Ignace to Upsala - 108.8 km

It turns out that Rob the Australian whom we met yesterday on the highway fixed Brett's bike. So unfortunately no rest day, but its all good the more ahead we get the better chance of making it back to Calgary for August 29! I still was a little disappointed though, but having a rest day in Ignace would not have been much fun anyway. So we had a super casual morning and another cyclist (that I forgot to mention) stayed with us last night too and actually made pancakes. We had half a rest day and still made it to Upsala in pretty decent time.

I am beginning to realize that going "RV'ing" with my Grandparents in the summer when I was younger is a very different form of "camping". I mean we called it going "camping" but I realize now that it was not camping it was RV'ing. I miss RV'ing VERY much, and I miss RV Parks with multiple swimming pools and watching movies after microwaving popcorn. But this trip is more about the experience and oh. my. goodness. The experiences we have had are going to provide us all with enough stories to liven up even the most boring cocktail party.

For example, Brett and I made spaghetti for dinner tonight and unfortunately I realized that some of the pasta had gone bad because somehow it had gotten wet. So, I left it by the fire pit thinking that we could maybe toss it in if we had a fire. Well, we did not end up having a fire and a few hours after we had retired to our tents. I hear Aussie Rob yelling about a wolf. I totally thought I was dreaming, but it turns out a dog had wondered over to our campsite and decided to eat the spaghetti...it definitely was not a wolf but I guess it growled to let Kelly and Rob know that it meant business about that pasta and I suppose, in the dark, when people are half asleep any dog could potentially be a "wolf".



No comments: