Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OntarryarryO! July 13

Richer to Kenora 158.8 km

I can't believe we are in Ontario! However in a week or so I will be thinking "I can't believe we are STILL in Ontario." Holy moly this is a huge province! But still exciting... we are almost half way. Although in Manitoba we passed the longitudinal centre of Canada.. and we stopped for photos of course :o) But, the true half way point for our trip won't happen until Sault Ste Marie. The frequency of disgusting road kill sightings have significantly decreased since we left Saskatchewan... and since I wrote that one blog entry. Hmmm... coincidence?

But the weather is much nicer now... I think my arms have tanned as much as they are going to. The rest of me really needs to catch up and we REALLY need a beach day if we come across a sweet beach. Perhaps in Thunder Bay :o) It better be nice! A fellow at the campground in Richer told Kelly that the hills in Ontario were comparable to B.C. But NO WAY, if you can see the top of the hill before you even start climbing it, it really shouldn't be considered a hill. It really was a nice ride though, you could pretty much coast down one "hill" and then coast up the other "hill".

We, of course did not get a very early start again today and we arrived in Kenora pretty late. Too late to really enjoy it. However we did find "Luby's" 24 hour market :o) Cheezies are so satisfying and what is it about five-cent candies! I love them so much :o) The campground people stayed open late for us and I was oh so delighted to find out that the showers were FREE! Ahhhhhh.... I totally had a half hour shower.

I thought we were going to have a rest day in Kenora tomorrow because we realized that we were a day ahead. Totally by accident we made up a day somewhere in Manitoba. This is so exciting because we still need to be back in Calgary for August 29. I really hope we make it. I have however been making note of the cool things we might have time to see on the way back west. Specifically a Hemp maze west of Brandon :o) I have never experienced a corn maze so if I find one of those somewhere along the way I would really like to stop there too. But, the schedule is important and we really need to keep trudging on... to the east! To St John's and the finale of the best summer ever! Well, definitely the most adventurous summer ever!

No comments: