Monday, July 7, 2008

Saskatchewan already! July 5

Medicine Hat to Gull Lake

So we had a slight incident with the keys this morning and for a few moments I truly thought I was going crazy. However I still might be going crazy, but we found the keys (in Allan's pocket) L.O.L! Oh man, that was quite the start to the day. We drove back to the pseudo Tee Pee/Easter Egg thing as that was where we left off yesterday. The sun is shining and the wind is definitely blowing. As soon as we left Medicine Hat city limit a massive tailwind picked us up and took us all the way to Gull Lake. I made it flat free this time :o) which doesn't happen very often for me. But yeesh, this was really spectacular I think our average speed was about 35 km/h. We arrived at the Gull Lake campground with plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and relax from the day. This is usually not the case.

However we have more campstove trouble, we kinda forgot to buy more of those little propane bottle things. You know, the things that actually fuel the stove. Anyhoo Allan and Kelly made do with the fire and Brett and I walk around town until we find something that is open, it happens to be a super yummy Chinese restaurant. The only thing is they don't have air conditioning and it is so hot in there I think I'm going to pass out. But they make the most amazing milkshakes, definitely the second best milkshakes in the word. My Dad makes the best, even though he likes to put raw eggs in them (heehee.)

Anyhow, we end up back at the campsite at about 8:30pm and I have to ice my Achilles a bit as today it started bugging me again. It is so weird, it doesn't bug me too much when I'm on the bike but when I get off and start walking it is really tight and swollen, sometimes I can feel my foot swelling in my cycling shoe. But still just a minor issue and most days it doesn't bug me at all.

Oh and if there is anyone out there that still thinks Saskatchewan is flat, you definitely have never been here. Saskatchewan is really beautiful and I am really enjoying it. Perhaps more than B.C. because of the lack of gigantic quadricep inflating mountains. But, its all good :o) This trip is so incredible

No comments: