Monday, July 7, 2008

Please, no more flat tires. July 6

Gull Lake to Herbert

The wind was definitely not behind us for most of today and it was brutal. So much for out 35 k/h today it was more like 15 k/h. The wind is really hard to get over, you just have to put your head down and spin through it. Its really tough but we make it to Herbert, not nearly as quick as we wanted to. I also had another flat today, and I'm not sure how long I was riding on it. I thought it was just really tough because I was tired and the headwind. I guess I should know by now to check my tires first :o)

We decided to ride to Herbert and then drive back to Swift Current so that we could stay with a wonderful lady that happens to be Maureen Schwarz's mother. It was so nice to be in a house again and Swift Current is a great place. I think I'm just so happy to be out of B.C. the mountains were really starting to get on my nerves.

No comments: