Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hotta and hotta, June 29

Oh. My. Goodness. Today was hot, oh so hot. The ride was really nice but I once again have one more flat tire. However we finally realize what was causing them all, its a quick fix with some electrical tape and we're off again. After all the hills and mountains we have encountered in the last few days the relatively flat ride today is a nice change.

The most evil part is riding through Moyie and around Lake Moyie. It is so hot out and so many people are out skiing and tubing, I really just want to stop and jump in the lake for a few minutes. I end up having to cross the highway and stand in some shade for about ten minutes, I down a couple Cliff Shots and a water bottle and then I was ready to go again.

As soon as we arrive in Cranbrook I head into the gas station to enjoy the air conditioning. This is also the first time that we receive incorrect directions on finding a campground. Seriously Cranbrook isn't that big how on earth could two gas station attendants give us incorrect directions? Its pretty crazy, but we end up finding the campground on our own anyway. We luck out again with a really nice spot, its just really sunny and so hot. Brett and I do some intense stretching and I start to feel really ill. Brett and I head into Cranbrook to try and find a pharmacy or drug store that might still be open. But it is a long weekend and we are unsuccessful. So....its off to the hospital and a long wait in the Emergency Room. It turns out that whatever is ailing me is nothing serious and I'm given some Antibiotics. I wish we could afford a rest day tomorrow but we are already a little behind and it is very important for us to be back in Lethbridge for August 29.

I guess I will see how I feel tomorrow morning.

No comments: