Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I will be (in) Richer! July 12

Portage to Richer - 145.8 km

Today was really REALLY rainy, it was so uncomfortable. But the tailwind was intense! We would actually accelerate when the wind gusted. It was pretty awesome. Manitoba is a pretty cool province too, so far Saskatchewan is still my fav. I guess it just reminded me of Alberta, I'm beginning to get a little homesick. I think I have called me Dad more in the last two weeks than I have in the last six months. I don't think he minds too much though :o)

However, today was a great day! I saw my really super fabulous friend Cheryl and we had a super delicious lunch at the Flying J in Headingly (the most intense truck stop I have ever seen!) Brett's parents caught up with us again, but the waitresses at the restaurant weren't very accommodating and Cheryl, Gord and I had to sit at a separate table :o(

Anyhow, the ride just got wetter after we rode around Winnipeg. It was pretty yucky, but the wind was great. We made pretty decent time considering we left pretty late that morning. I kinda suggested that we try for Kenora today to take advantage of the wind, but it was just too wet and uncomfortable. We made it to Richer which was our goal destination for the day and I just had enough, along with almost everyone else (majority rules!)

We found a cool campground with a hot tub and pool, but after a quick hot tub experience Brett wasn't feeling so... hot. So we headed into Steinbach to find a hospital. It was a much shorter wait than I had in Cranbrook and it turns out he has the same thing I had. The Doc decided to do some tests to find out what was making us sick... so we should hopefully be getting a phone call in a few days. It was the strangest thing, and definitely not a very pleasant experience. But he has some sweet antibiotics and should be all better in no time.

No comments: