Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Goodbye Christina and hello Fruitvale, June 27

We once again are all excited to get moving for the day. Mostly just because there is a Walmart in Trail and that means we finally get a new camp stove!!! Its been forever since we have been able to make our own dinner and its definitely starting to get expensive. Also cooking on the open fire is nice but the pots get REALLY dirty.

Highway from Christina Lake is far more hilly than I expected, we have the Bonanza Pass Summit (1535 m) and the Nancy Greene summit (1576 m) and the It is so hot, my bike computer says its 48.5 degrees (its probably more like 36) but yeesh I'm hurting really bad. Its a rough one today and my quads are burning big time. Whenever I stop for a break and then get back on my quads burn for the first couple spins and then they just feel like lead. But I totally make it to the top!

By the time we make it to Trail I am once again so hungry that I'm nauseous I really need to eat more on the bike. I'm just running out of things that I want to eat. Cliff Bars are good but I can't eat them anymore, I mostly just crave potato chips but I feel as though I should eat some more healthy stuff. However Kelly seems to do just fine with his daily bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, seriously Doritos should have sponsored us or definitely Kelly :o)

Our initial destination for today was Montrose but to find a campground we end up in Fruitvale. Our routine is to just stop at a gas station and ask about campgrounds, we have lucked out every time :o) This one is a little old but the people that own it are really super nice and have the craziest looking dog ever, he seems like a really nice old puppy :o)

The mosquitoes are brutal and attack with fierce determination, we slather on some serious Deet laced bug stuff and enjoy the fire as we once again don't have the internet at this campground. But we do have a camp stove that works really well and fortunately there is no risk of being lit on fire :o)

No comments: