Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Its on to that "O" place, June 24

This morning is a good morning, we all wake up early and have the van packed and ready to go by 8:00am. This is the earliest we have all been up and at 'em yet. However, just when we go to unlock the bikes and head out, Kelly notices that he has a flat tire. No big deal we've all had flats before, but then Brett notices that he has a flat too. Kinda strange and they are both on the rear tires. Considering what we went over the day before it isn't really all that surprising but odd that they didn't go flat until the morning. With the tires replaced we are now ready to get going, we make it about thirteen k's out of Princeton when my rear tire blows out. Also not a big deal, all we have to do is replace the tube and get going again.....ummmm... until we realize that my tire is totally blown right through and I didn't bring any replacement tires.

Oh. my. goodness. This is the beginning of a long day, we decide to take the tire to Kal Tire to see if there is anything they can do. It turns out...that they can't as I had completely torn through the cords. Which I gather is really REALLY bad and it means the tire is dead. So the Kal Tire guy sends us to the bike shop in Princeton. Oh man, but the shop doesn't open until ten and its not even nine yet. So Brett and I go to the bakery and try some tasty things and then nap on the sidewalk until the shop guy shows up at about 9:45am. Oh yeah! But our hopes are quickly dashed when he tells us he has nothing in the size I need. So the only alternative to waiting until a tire can be couriered is .... to ride the Tandem! Nooooooooo! But we do... for way too long once again.

Until we reach Keremeos and Alan, my hero! Has a replacement tire from Oliver B.C. Apparently the shop in Osoyoos didn't have one either :o( Ohhhh.... things are just kinda hairy right now. Between Brett's spoke and my tire we should hopefully be good for awhile. But its just a small set back and we didn't lose too much time. We arrive in Osoyoos as planned just a couple hours later than expected.

The campground here is amazing! Brett and I enjoy the hot tub which makes my Achilles feel almost 100%. Which is a huge relief as I wasn't sure what I was going to do, it was so sore today and very painful when I took my foot off the pedal. But it feels great now :o) We have a campsite right on the lake and our own little beach :o) We don't have much time to enjoy it and I kinda push for a rest day tomorrow before we tackle Anarchist mountain. I guess we'll see how everyone feels in the morning :o)

No comments: